Audit, internal control and risk management in the activities of financial institutions
In the context of the current economy, the main purpose of this course is to familiarize participants with the best practices and methods used in the audit, internal control and risk management processes of financial institutions.
Moreover, the course aims to provide an overview of the significant risks that a financial institution might face in the natural flow of its activities and the way in which internal audit interferes as a key component in monitoring the internal control system, with the purpose of improving the quality of its activities.
The course is designed for participants to:
- Gain an overview of the role of the internal audit in the risk management process within financial institutions;
- Identify the main issues encountered within the internal audit practices of financial institutions;
- Understand the risk management process within financial institutions.
This lecture is specially addressed to bank specialists involved in risk management, internal audit, management members, etc.
Identifying, assessing and monitoring significant risks faced by financial institutions may be a concern for employees of various departments. Considering the general and practical nature of the course, any interested person can easily participate and assimilate the content.
- The concept of internal audit, internal audit standards and relevant national requirements
- The internal control and risk management environment within financial institutions
- Methods for risk assessment, significant risk areas
- The role of internal audit within the risk management process
- Internal audit methods and techniques for different risk areas within financial institutions
- Study cases focusing on: the process of identifying, assessing and quantifying significant risks driven by the activities of financial institutions, the audit procedures of significant risk areas
Irina Arsinte, CIA, CRMA
Irina is an experienced Manager within FSI Risk and Regulatory Advisory Department practice. She has more than 10 years experience in financial institutions, both in Romania and the United Kingdom. Having led and participated in numerous internal audit engagements and projects focusing on risk, compliance, internal controls and process efficiency, Irina has gained significant knowledge of the financial institutions regulations and guidelines.
14 November 2019, from 9:00 to 17:00
RBI will hold the course on its premises, providing specialised lecturers, course materials and catering services during the training day.
CERTIFICATION: certificate of attendance
For the course fee and other details please contact us by phone or email
Emilia Frunză, Training manager
Mobile phone: 0748886834