Sustainable and Green Finance: a comprehensive perspective – A series of three short webinars
The webinars will cover both general information to build basic ESG and sustainable finance culture and knowledge and acquire more technical capabilities on green and sustainable banking products and markets.
The sessions rely heavily on illustration of real projects and hands-on applied learnings through interactive discussions and workshops. The program provides illustrations directly related to the European context while keeping a global view and approach.
- Session One – Global Market trends
Sustainable finance market landscape
- The alphabet soup what is what? SDG, CSR, ESG, SRI etc.
- Main market trends and drivers
- Key stakeholders including investors, issuers, regulators and financial institutions
- Key regulations and investor trends that are the driving force of the market
Introduction to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals
- How can SDG’s help improve economies and societies across the globe
- How can the private and public sector integrate SDG’s in their strategies and policies
- How to find your way within the global impact ecosystem and many coalitions
ESG Investment basics
- ESG investment key trends and business drivers
- ESG investment approaches including exclusion, integration, thematic and impact investments
- Major stakeholders including the landscape of ESG rating agencies
- Session Two – Environmental & Social Risks
- How to integrate E&S risks in operations and processes
– Commitments climate & sustainability policies
– Environmental & social risk management framework
– Client and transaction review processes
Assessing risks related to climate change
- Methodologies to analyze and evaluate both physical and transition risks
- Complexity of alignment of portfolios with climate trajectories
Including ESG Performance in financing and investment decisions
- ESG evaluation methodologies and approaches
- Understand ESG ratings and ESG ratings agencies competitive landscape
- How an ESG rating can compare to a traditional financial rating
- Session Three – Sustainable and green finance markets and products
General overview of sustainable finance and green finance products
- Financing, Advisory, Investment
- Sustainable finance market trends
- Evolution of standards and regulation
Financing the energy transition, focusing on a variety of instruments and structuring incl.
- green bonds, green loans, securitization, project finance and asset finance
Sustainability linked products
- Various products from bonds, loans and even hedging integrate today an element of impact structuring and are linked to finance the sustainability roadmap of issuers
Sustainable Investment solutions
- A variety of instruments and products from both active and passive fund management to customization of structured and derivative ESG products
- Understand the complexity and benefits of each product
- Highlight of main European regulations that are reshaping the ESG investment markets
Bankers, investors, project developers, financial sector professionals, and other interested participants in acquiring knowledge on sustainable finance and green finance latest market trends, challenges, regulatory pushes at the European level and prospects.
Layal is an experienced professional in the financial sector specialized in corporate and investment banking. She is currently leading promotion and business development of Sustainable finance across businesses (advisory, financing and investment) within a large French bank. Layal works with corporate banking, investment and financial markets businesses to push innovative sustainable finance products to wholesale clients in line with overall group strategy and ambition.
Layal has more than fifteen years of experience in business and management consulting.
She has been involved in structuring and implementing large business transformation programs for several multinational corporate and investment banks She has worked extensively within coverage, corporate finance, structured finance and financial markets business lines.
Since 2011, Layal is involved in energy finance academic research, her area of focus is power generation economics. She is an active member of the Energy & Finance Chair at HEC Paris lecturing regularly on energy & finance topics at HEC Paris, HEC Qatar, ESA Business School – Lebanon & Ecole Polytechnique l’X.
Layal is a graduate from the American University of Beirut where she majored in electrical Engineering. She also holds a masters in International finance and a specialized certificate in Energy & Finance from HEC PARIS.
November 22, 23 & 24, 2021, from 5:30 to 7:00 pm
The program consists of 3 on-line sessions of 1.5 hours each (1-hour presentation followed by 30 minutes of interactive exercises).
This is an online program. We will be using the ZOOM platform. For details, please click here
For further information and enrollment, please contact:
Mihaela RADU, Training Specialist, Mihaela.Radu@ibr-rbi.ro; Tel: 0748 886 807