DEBT COLLECTOR – COR code 421402
DEBT COLLECTOR– COR code 421402
CERTIFICATE RECOGNISED AT NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL LEVEL!
The debt collector has become a highly requested occupation in the labour market after the outbreak of the economic crisis. Financial and banking institutions, but also increasingly more and companies are faced with substantial increases in the rate of uncollected debts, have set up specialized departments for collection/recovery or have outsourced this task to companies/individuals specialized in offering this service.
If you want to become a collector, you should know that the labor market will still need your expertise for a long time.
The debt collector programme aims to develop the following skills:
- Preparation of files for collection/recovery of receivables from debtors (database consultation with debtors, collecting information about borrowers and guarantors, verifying the information collected, the profile of the debtor, debtor’s file);
- Negotiating the plan/programme of recovery of debts (contacting the debtor, identifying the reasons for non-payment of the debtor, the debtor’s availability and capacity analysis to repay the debts at maturity, clarifying potential conflicts between borrower and lender, proposing the debt-fighting schemes, obtaining a promise of payment from the debtor, informing his superiors and the responsible departments of the suspicion of fraud, payment instruments approval)
- Managing the business of collecting over the phone (setting goals and expected results of the telephone conversation with debtors and guarantors, select all necessary information for the phone call, the caller is informed of the reason for the notification of the debtor, or the guarantors of the situation, the communicating the company’s policy for collecting debts and the legal framework governing such procedures, addressing the questions suitable for finding out the debtor’s financial circumstances, recording the results of the telephone call);
- Notification of debtors and guarantors (assessing the need for contacting the borrowers through written notices, administering the business of sending notifications, by keeping records of notifications submitted, making additional checks for the returned notifications);
- Administration of collection activity on the ground (the identification of all the relevant information about the debtor to be visited, verification of the profile, information management agenda meetings, field visits)
- Monitoring compliance with agreed payment agreements with debtors/guarantors (verification of compliance with payment deadlines, finding cases in which further actions are required to follow, sorting cases, updating the profile of the debtor);
- Reporting progress of the collection (recovery) of debts/portfolio flows (stating the stage of the collection recorded in reports about the borrower, centralizing all the information about the stage of collection of outstanding debtor, preparation of the report, sending the activity report to the management).
The persons belonging to the category of execution functions of financial and banking institutions, specialized in debt collecting firms, as well as other people working in companies and who wish to develop their skills in the field of collection of debts.
Minimum admission requirements:
- Initial test (multiple choice test) to prove the basic skills in banking and finance and general skills: application of legal norms relating to safety and health at the workplace and emergency situations; implementation of the programme of know your customer; application of the rules to ensure the security of financial information
- Secondary education.
Simona Caraghiaur, Bachelor Degree in law, Titu Maiorescu University of Bucharest, holding a master degree in the areas of Business Law, Banking Law and Business Administration-Finance specialization, including an MBA from City University of Seattle. She has over 10 years of experience in the legal activity of commercial banks, during which, among other things, she has coordinated the work of the bank’s collectors, has participated in the approval and implementation of rules and procedures for debt recovery and the recovery of the debts by all legal means
Initial test (multiple choice test), which will be held 3 days prior to the course, to prove the basic skills in banking and finance and general skills: application of legal norms relating to safety and health at the workplace and emergency situations; implementation of the programme of know your customer; application of the rules to ensure the security of financial information
Final evaluation – written test (multiple choice test) and an oral test (project).
Participants who obtain the final grade of at least 7 (out of 10) will receive a graduation certificate and descriptive supplement in which the general and specific competencies acquired are mentioned.
The candidate will obtain a certificate of professional competence recognized at national level by ITM and at European level, by apostille.
The necessary registration documents
Copy of bachelor degree, copy of ID and the registration form
RBI will organize the course at its premises, assuring specialized lecturers, course materials, graduation certificate at the end of the course and catering services throughout the course.
36 hours, out of which: 12 hours for classroom theory training , 12 hours for classroom practical training and 12 hours for self-study for preparing the final exam . Class hours will be scheduled in the evenings, from 18:00 to 21:00.
The final exam will be held at about a week after the completion of the course.
15 February – 6 March 2019, between 18:00 – 21:00
Sanda Mihăiţeanu, Phd
Telephone: 0372 394 442
 The occupational standard, curricula and course materials for the occupation Debt Collector have been developed by the RBI within the project „Institutional Developments in the Continuous Professional Training in the Financial and Banking System (DEFIN), project that is co-financed by the European Social Fund through the Sectoral Operational Program for Human Resources 2007 – 2013
** in Bucharest, at the premises of the Romanian Banking Institute, str. Negru Vodă nr.3, intrarea C, sector 3.