MS Excel for the financial and banking sector – advanced level
MS Excel is one of the most used applications in business, thanks to the facilities they offer for managing and analyzing data, the friendly and intuitive mode of operation. As a result of the permanent link with the financial and banking environment and analysis of the demand made by employees in the sector, RBI provides an interactive course, with many models and case studies relating to the current activity of an organization. Participants will acquire advanced techniques for working with formulas, functions, databases, pivot tables, data analysis and use of collaborative facilities offered by the Excel environment.
The course is aimed at people who use applications to specific companies that want to use the Excel product at a professional level, managers and employees from all departments.
Minimum admission requirements
Participation in this course assumes basic knowledge of operating with MS Excel.
- identification of problems in the current activity that can be solved with the help of Excel instruments;
- presentation techniques for analysis and synthesis of data for the purposes of performance reports;
- the use of audit instruments to verify the data and formulas in the spreadsheets;
- using scenarios for substantiation of decisions;
- automation of routine operations using macros;
- the use of Excel in multiuser environments.
- Data Editing: using references and names of cells and fields, advanced data formatting, conditional formatting, creating and updating links between data from spreadsheets, creating and using templates;
- Excel Functions: date and time functions, mathematical, statistical, financial, text search and reference, logical databases; nested functions;
- Data management: sorting and filtering, splitting a column into parts, removing duplicates;
- Validation and data audit;
- Synthesis and data analysis: simple and nested subtotals, data consolidation, pivot tables and pivot charts;
- What-if analysis: data tables, scenarios, solving a problem with a result set using the Goal Seek;
- Graphics: choosing the right type of graphical data representation, advanced formatting, graphs, data analysis using graphical representations;
- Automating routine operations using macros;
- Working collaboratively in the Excel environment: sharing files, comparing and merging files in a single copy, change tracking, data protection, and Excel files.
Duration and period
The course has a duration of 16 hours of practical/theoretical instruction and takes place in:
May 8 – 9 and 15 – 16 , 2019, between 16:00 – 20:00.
At the end of the course, participants will be given a certificate, issued by RBI (under the aegis of the founding members: NBR and RBA).
Students who also want an international certification may opt out at the end of the course for the ECDL testing (European Computer Driving Licence), the Excel module, within the accredited ECDL Test Centre of the RBI, by paying an additional fee.
Administrator formare, IBRemail: firstname.lastname@example.org: 0748 886 839