AUDITING RETAIL CREDIT PROCESS – practical approach
Through a practical approach the participants will follow stages of planning and deployment of a retail credit process audit engagement, concentrated on assessment of inherent risks, internal controls, existence of fraud indicators and operational risk events as well as their impact in bank’s activity.
The training is targeting internal auditors, internal control specialists, antifraud officers, retail credit analysts and interested persons to improve professional knowledge in this field.
- Establishing audit objectives;
- Preparing audit program;
- Planning audit mission and allocating resources;
- Auditing credit process:
- Origination – analysis of distribution channels;
- Credit analysis – completeness of documentation, client eligibility, indebtedness rate, assessment of the risks and guarantees, group of debtors;
- Credit approval – approval competences – pre and post approval conditions; waivers;
- Input in the system – impact of the operational errors;
- Disbursement – drawdown conditions, credit end-use;
- Loan administration and monitoring;
- Impaired loans – prudential adjustments and fair value adjustments;
- Restructured loans;
- Administration of non-performing loans.
5. Assessing and mitigating residual risks;
6. Integrating audit results in management process.
Gabriela Andrei, Internal Audit Division Manager of Idea Bank S.A., has a professional experience of over 22 years in banking, out of which more than 10 in audit within Raiffeisen Bank, Porsche Bank and Intesa Sanpaolo Bank. She graduated Polytechnic University of Bucharest and the Academy of Economic Studies, certified member of Romanian Chamber of Financial Auditors and of Romanian Body of Experts and Licensed Accountants. Currently she is coordinating internal audit function of the bank and financial subsidiaries of GETIN Holding In Romania.
The course is conducted over a period of seven hours.
March 30, 2018, between 09:00 – 17:00
Registration to the course is made by completing the registration form. RBI will hold the course on its premises, providing specialised lecturers, course materials and catering services.
At the end of the course, participants will be given a certificate, issued by RBI (under the aegis of the founding members: NBR and RBA), with 7 CPD credits.