The ACI Operations Certificate is the only International recognized diploma for Financial Markets and Treasury operations staff!
During the course, each subject area will be covered by a Power Point presentation. This is followed by a session answering multiple-choice questions similar to the ACI exam questions. At the end of the course the attendants can take a practice exam consisting of 85 multiple-choice questions. This exam will be discussed for everyone’s benefit. The home-study material will consist of the course reader, the presentations, the Book Treasury Operations Handbook written by Philip J L Parker ACIB, a USB Key with WINFOREX Lite including 5 times access to a database of hundreds of “exam like” multiple choice questions. This access can be extended to 45 times access. The requirements of set-up, utilization and registration will be discussed during the training.
A well-trained and efficiently organised Treasury Operations Department is essential to complete every transaction. The Operations Department provides a vital service to the Front-Office by ensuring that all funds flow in a timely and correct manner and that all the necessary documentation is completed.
Taking into consideration the wider job function of the Operations Staff, this examination has been designed to provide a benchmark for competency in all aspects of the operations and settlement processes. It aims to test candidates’ knowledge of the underlying instruments involved in the international financial markets, the processes for efficient settlements and related basic financial calculations. Candidates should also be able to demonstrate appreciation of the scope, importance and the role of the Operations Department, particularly in ensuring an autonomous service to the Front-Office.
The ACI Operations Certificate is the only International recognized diploma for Financial Markets and Treasury operations staff.
No transaction can take place without operations. The operations department provides a vital role in client service, compliance and risk management by ensuring that all funds flow in a timely and correct manner and all the necessary documentation is completed.
The ACI Operations Certificate Candidates will become up-to-date with the latest developments that affect treasury operations. It also helps candidates to understand the front to end treasury flow, which improves the understanding between trading and operations staff.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course is designed for the following groups:
- Recent entrants to the Operations Department (Back-Office)
- Other trading room support areas
- Internal and external auditors
- Compliance and risk officers
- Product Control, Vendors
- Back and middle-office professionals
- This 4-day course gives a clear in-depth view on operational processes, including derivatives and use in hedging, trading and speculation.
- Using case studies and exercises, delegates will intuitively understand the mechanics
- The roles of each participant within the financial market will be explained and provides an understanding of the risk management context of Trading, Sales, Middle-Office and Operations.
- It gives an understanding of how the whole transaction process management flows as well as the importance of providing quality, customer-orientated service to internal and external clients.
- Overall Financial Market and front to end Treasury View
- Deal capture, Trade entry & Confirmations
- Settlement, netting and clearing
- Reconciliations and investigations
- Treasury systems and data management
- Risk management, controls, compliance, documentation
- Foreign exchange
- Money market
- Short-term bonds & notes
- Best Practices Operations
- All topics can be found on the ACI Syllabus.
Moreno GIRALDI has over 30 years of experience as a trader, salesman and trainer in Foreign Exchange and Money Markets. His experience started in Italy, where he worked as an FX Trader at San Paolo Bank. In 1989, he joined ABN AMRO Bank in the Netherlands. His work there covered trading Money Market instruments and using a variety of off-balance sheet instruments. At a later stage, he created and coordinated a sales team covering FX, Money Market and Fixed Income products dedicated to servicing Central Banks worldwide. After leaving ABN AMRO Bank in 2007, he dedicated himself to international training projects. Since 2009, he is the founder of M.G. Financial Training and Consultancy, offering in-house and open enrolment trainings on financial market products. In addition to training in the Netherlands, he has also been active in Luxembourg (in cooperation with Thomson Reuters) and in Romania (in cooperation with ACI Romania) for several years. Since 2018 he is a dedicated trainer at the Investment Academy specifically for the ACI suit of certification. Among other trainings, he offers the ACI Dealing and the Operations Certificate exam-training. A dedicated and enthusiastic lecturer, his trainings are practical and interactive, and include computer simulations of real-life work situations, thus enabling his students to have immediate practical application of their newly gained knowledge.
TRAINING PACKAGE (1 month)
- 4 days of (online) classroom courses, on June 17, 18, 19, 20 from 9.00 to 17.00, to allow candidates to assimilate the topics and exam techniques
- One intermediary test (progress test), followed by individual feedback and detailed personalized evaluations from the lecturer
- Exam tips & mock exam will be provided
- Treasury Operations Handbook written by Philip J L Parker ACIB, a USB Key with WINFOREX Lite
- Lecturer’s notes and handouts
- Individual coaching to encourage candidates to team up in sub-groups, in order to enhance interaction
- Lecturer’s permanent contact with the candidates between and after the classroom training sessions, through individual e-mails, until the final exam
- A teamwork approach to stimulate and promote professional networking among the candidates
EXAM: The ACI Operations Certificate is examined through the ACI-Financial Markets Association (ACIFMA) international examination. Passing the exam awards candidates the ACI Operations Certificate (see further info below*).
Mihaela Radu, Training Specialist, Tel: 0748.886.807, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org