Starting Fall 2017, the Romanian Banking Institute offered the Specialized Training Program for the preparation of the CISA – Certified Information Systems Auditor exam, for small groups (1 to 3 participants), at the bank’ premises or at RBI.
In Romania, the banks which run or want to implement electronic payment instruments, as well as Internet banking or home banking, are obliged by law, to be audited every year by a CISA certified auditor.
The technical requirements regarding the participants in the electronic payment system provide the NBR’s request regarding the IT auditor who must hold the CISA certification.
The CISA designation is a globally recognized certification for Information Systems audit, control, and security professionals. The exam tests the knowledge of five domains:
Domain 1 – The Process of Auditing Information Systems (21%)
Domain 2 – Governance and Management of IT (16%)
Domain 3 – Information Systems Acquisition, Development and Implementation (18%)
Domain 4 – Information Systems Operations, Maintenance and Service Management (20%)
Domain 5 – Protection of Information Assets (25%)
The exam* consists in 150 multiple choice items that aims to test if the candidate has five or more years of experience in IS audit, control, assurance, or security. Duration: 4 hours.
The RBI’s coaching program is designed to transfer to the candidate the knowledge in the CISA Exam domains and to provide guidance on how to achieve the best performance when taking the CISA Exam. Each domain will be accompanied by practice questions.
* In Romania, CISA exams are held at Ager Business Tech (NT) (WBD), It Av. Marcel Andreescu, No. 29, Bucharest, 011646 and Road Language Centre (NT) (WBD), Str. Dr. Staicovici nr 4, sector 5, Bucharest.
Florin-Mihai Iliescu, CISA, CISSP is licensed in Computer Science by University Politehnica of Bucharest, holds a Master Degree in Architecture of Information Systems and has about 20 years of experience in Information Technology. In 2004, Florin-Mihai Iliescu founded Info-Logica Silverline, where he acts as a security professional, information systems auditor and consultant. His experience in Info-Logica Silverline includes more than 200 projects of information systems audit, ethical-hacking, vulnerability assessment, risk analysis development, information technology strategy development and implementation. Florin-Mihai Iliescu is one of the contributors of CISA Review Manual and author of CISA Exam Questions, contribution awarded by ISACA with Certificate of Appreciation for development CISA Study Materials.
The proposed plan for a period of 2 months of the 15 training sessions (2 hours x 15 sessions = 30 hours) allows the candidate to acquire the required knowledge in order to be able to take the exam.
- Domain 1 – The Process of Auditing Information Systems: 2 sessions in 16.03, 18.03.2021;
- Domain 2 – Governance and Management of IT: 3 sessions: 23.03, 25.03, 30.03
- Domain 3 – Information Systems Acquisition, Development and Implementation: 3 sessions in 01.04, 06.04 and 08.04;
- Domain 4 – Information Systems Operations, Maintenance and Service Management: 3 sessions in 13.04, 15.04 and 20.04;
- Domain 5 – Protection of Information Assets: 4 sessions in: 22.04, 27.04, 28.04 and 06.05.2021