The Chartered Banker Institute CIOBS and Romanian Banking Institute RBI share the common objective of supporting and improving the competencies and standards of those working in the banking sector, helping to develop and embed a culture that raises the standards of professionalism. We do this by engaging with the sector to develop customer-focused professional standards and qualifications relevant for today’s bankers. In 2011, we launched the Chartered Banker programme in Romania, supported by an Advanced Diploma.
What is Chartered Banker?
Chartered Banker is the gold standard for professionals working in the banking sector. Recognized and supported by major financial services organizations across the globe, Chartered Banker gives you a world class qualification that will help you achieve and maintain the standards of excellence and professionalism expected by clients and employers.
Chartered Banker is a practical, professional programme that combines theory and practice. The overall aim of the programme is to provide you with an extensive, detailed and critical knowledge and understanding of the banking sector and to develop your skills and abilities to make professional judgments and informed decisions in relevant work situations.
A Chartered Banker:
– has demonstrated and continues to demonstrate standards of professional excellence;
– continuously develops their skills and knowledge; and
– complies with the Chartered Banker Institute’s Code of Professional Conduct.
Who should become a Chartered Banker?
We believe that if you are committed to a career in banking and improving the standards of professionalism in the sector you will benefit from Chartered Banker status.
Where do I start?
We recommend that you start with the Advanced Diploma before completing the full Chartered Banker programme. To be eligible you must:
– hold the European Foundation Certificate in Banking (EFCB) or
– an equivalent qualification such as the Professional Banker Certificate or
– have over 5 years’ banking experience verified by CIOBS and IBR
Which modules will I study?
For the Advanced Diploma you will study two modules:
- Professionalism, Ethics and Regulation
- Credit and Lending
When you progress onto the Chartered Banker programme you will need to complete your studies by studying a further two core modules and one elective.
The Core modules are:
- Contemporary Issues in Banking;
- Risk Management in Banking.
The Elective modules available are:
- Applied Business and Corporate Banking;
- Banking for High Net Worth Individuals;
- Retail Banking.
Duration: 12 months
15 October 2013 – 15 October 2014