GOVERNANCE, RISK and COMPLIANCE – CRD IV
The course will offer the participants the chance to grasp the major aspects of Corporate Governance:
- Principles of Corporate Governance
- Nature, responsibilities and role of the management structure:
- strategies and policies
- supervision and accountability
- Management structure’s responsibilities for risk management
- Compliance as a function of the internal control system
- Structure, systems and procedures specific to committees
- Members of management / potential members
- Directors / managers of structures within the credit institution
- Corporate governance as study topic:
- Concept evolution;
- Definition of Corporate Governance;
- Goal of Corporate Governance;
- Difference between Governance and management;
- Structure of regulatory framework;
- Segregation of property and control notions.
- Management structure – relevant legal principles:
- Allocation of managerial authority;
- Contribution of non-executive administrators to a good Corporate Governance;
- Administrator’s responsibilities;
- The management structure’s committees – responsibilities and authority
- Corporate transparency.
- Internal control system:
- Concept and evolution;
- Role and responsibilities;
- Elements of the internal control system;
- Compliance – a function of the internal control system
- Control environment;
- Control activities;
- Information and communication.
- Corporate governance in practice:
- The management structure’s committees;
- Influence of the Audit Committee;
- Audit Committee’s role in Corporate Governance;
- Importance of external auditor.
Doru Bulată, graduate in law, is Senior Advisor of EximBank Board of Directors on topics of Corporate governance, Risk and Compliance, he is a member of TRANSFOND SA Board of Directors and a member of R.A. Monetaria Statului (Romanian State Mint) Board of Directors. The expertise and experience of Mr. Bulată in Corporate Governance and the implementation of a coherent and effective framework of governance principles relies on his professional career, built both within top financial institutions, and in international organizations. His interest in the corporate governance system was transposed in setting up and implementation of strategies and policies. He has a rich experience in internal control and corporate governance, gained during his career as Head of Compliance in BCR, member of ONPCSB plenum, Romania’s representative in the Council of Europe – Moneyval Committee and member of EDMONT Group. His professional experience is validated by numerous international certifications, such as: Diploma in Compliance – ICA & University of Manchester, UK; Certified AML Specialist – ACAMS, USA. Mr. Bulată is an associated lecturer of RBI since 2005 and he is also a certified trainer and evaluator of professional competences.
14 – 15 octombrie 2020, between 9:00 – 17:00
RBI will organize the course at its headquarters, providing specialized lecturer, course support, the necessary material base and catering services (water, tea, coffee, sandwich, fruit, biscuits).
Maximum number of participants: 20 persons, in compliance with COVID 19 prevention measures (according to GD no. 476/2020 on extending the alert status on the Romanian territory and the measures applied during it to prevent and combat the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic with the amendments brought by GD No. 511/2020, Article 1, point 12, Annex 3, which allows the development of training activities and workshops).
Please come to the course with a protective mask. During the course, the rules of physical distance will be followed.
At the end of the course, participants will be given a certificate, issued by RBI (under the aegis of the founding members: NBR and RBA), with 14 CPD credits.
For the course fee and other details please contact us by phone or e-mail.
Telephone: 0372 394 427
Mobile telephone: 0748 886 846